- Topic 6 Population and Community Ecology
- Topic 7 The Human Population
- Laboratory Investigation 3-1: Population Count – Students use different sampling techniques (including Lincoln-Peterson equation) to determine population counts both in the lab (marked beans) and the field (nearby treed area).
- Laboratory Investigation 3-2: World Population Growth – Students graph and mathematically analyze the rates of human population growth through history and project human population growth into the future based on generalizations from modern sources.
- Laboratory Investigation 3-3: Doubling Time in Exponential Growth – Students investigate some of the ways in which populations (including the human population) grow, what controls the growth of the human population, and begin to see how this growth impacts the environment.
- Laboratory Investigation 3-4: Human Population Pyramids – Students graph current human population data and analyze projected human population pyramid.
2000 Population Pyramid